Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Interesting rumour on the beach here in Cap Verde

Rumour has it Boards & More have lost the rights to use the North name, certainly in regard to North Kiteboarding, possibly North Sails windsurfing as well apparently down to a UK company acquisition. That'll put the cat amongst the pidgeons if true.. but then it's only a rumour right now amongst some German dealers who haven't recieved their early season stock.

OK so I've had an update from somebody 'in the know' it is true, so it'll be goodbye to North Sails Windsurfing and North Kiteboarding and hello Duotone on July 1st... you read it here first. Who said the forum is dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Rides View Post
    OK so I've had an update from somebody 'in the know' it is true, so it'll be goodbye to North Sails Windsurfing and North Kiteboarding and hello Duotone on July 1st... you read it here first. Who said the forum is dead?
    What's Duotone? Is it a bit like Ska?

Quote Originally Posted by JB:) View Post
    What's Duotone? Is it a bit like Ska?
    Not really

https://youtu.be/z-amALFFagw

Well as a North Sails fanboy its interesting for me. I have long wondered how well the windsurfing and kite stuff can sit alongside the main North yachting/sailing business. They have been drifting apart for years. I assume it is a license thing where they have in reality been different businesses entirely for a long time and something has come to a head.

As long as it doesn’t affect the quality of the product then I guess who cares what the badge says but it does seem a shame to me – another of the iconic brands will be gone. Also seems strange to start a new brand when they could just use Fanatic or one of the many that I believe they own the rights to but don’t use, they still use Arrows for inflatable stuff however it was never close to North in terms of brand pedigree.

PS I had a duotone snowboard back in the day – I assume no connection?

Is that why they changed the accessories and hire centres to ION a couple of years ago?