Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Who cares what the name is apart for some smarmy marketing type justifying his pay?
    Boards: F2 Gorilla 76, Tabou Quadster 86, Fanatic Triwave 95, Starboard Kombatwave 96, F2 Stoke 115, JPFreeRace 125, Sails: Gaastra Poison 4.2, North Hero 4.2, North Ice 4.7, Simmer Icon 5.3, Gaastra Cross 6, Ezzy Elite 6.1, Tushingham Storm 6.5, Severne Turbo 7.5

north sails windsurf --> duotone !

https://ecf.ctd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin...?2018cv0160-16
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duotone_super_hero.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	16144  

Yes, that picture has been widely circulated and the sail has some differences to the 2018 Super Hero advertised on the North Sails website...in addition to the North sails branding being missing, so could be a 2019 prototype which we gather will be differently branded. I cannot believe however tha any new branding B and M intend to use would be released in advance of a big brand re launch ( said to be in July) , or indeed consist of 2 small banners like the Duotone markings on this sail.

Quote Originally Posted by mikerb View Post
    Yes, that picture has been widely circulated and the sail has some differences to the 2018 Super Hero advertised on the North Sails website...in addition to the North sails branding being missing, so could be a 2019 prototype which we gather will be differently branded. I cannot believe however tha any new branding B and M intend to use would be released in advance of a big brand re launch ( said to be in July) , or indeed consist of 2 small banners like the Duotone markings on this sail.
    Real shame I think. North Sails heritage is legendary & I personally think they will lose credibility. The venture capitalist that own B&M underestimate the value of the North name IMO & it doesn't sound like North were being unreasonable.

Does North Windsurfing benefit in any way from the relationship with North Sails - apart from the brand / name recognition? Or are we windsurfing users of North Sails simply paying more for our sails because they have to pay license fees?

I like North Sails windsurfing sails, but I’ll still like them if they are just as good but cost a few bob less because they have a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by socalsailor View Post
    Does North Windsurfing benefit in any way from the relationship with North Sails - apart from the brand / name recognition? Or are we windsurfing users of North Sails simply paying more for our sails because they have to pay license fees?

I like North Sails windsurfing sails, but Ill still like them if they are just as good but cost a few bob less because they have a different name.
    Do you think they will ACTUALLY lower prices because of not paying some nominal royalty fees?

I don't see the price changing! For me the issue was potentially losing proprietary technology or patents. Having read that legal document the arrangements seems to have been a very simple brand license, so in effect they will lose nothing but the name.

Its a shame but as long as the product is the same then I will still buy it.