Windsurfing destinations in Europe in the summer

Aloha!

Are you dreaming of windsurfing vacation on the windy beaches of Europe this summer? Good, so do I.

Do you want to give tips on where to find the best beaches for windsurfing between June and September?
    I'm also trying to find a comprehensive list of windsurfing destinations, but I did not find such with a quick Google search. Have you come across a list of the best windsurfing spots in Europe? It would be great if the rental was mentioned in the list too.

Thanks heaps
    Last edited by Juha_74; 14th April 2018 at 02:31 PM.

Would be helpful to say what conditions you're looking for. Wave, freestyle, slalom, freeride.....
    Somewhere on this forum these are several threads about summer destinations already.
    49 years young @ 85kg.

WitchCraft Wave HDD 83l + K4 Stubby 14cm + K4 Ezzy 2º 12cm
    WitchCraft Flextail HDD 95l + WC 15.5cm & 14cm side fins
    RRD COTAN 7'11" Wide Classic
    Witchcraft Slayer & Karma sails and masts from 3.3m to 5.2m - Tecnolimits XTR

Hi,

Good point. I really like all kinds of riding, such as like speeding with my slalom boards, learning some new basic tricks on freestyle and ride bigger waves. Windsurfing on bigger waves is my weakest part, so maybe I should probably concentrate on them.

My friends often go to Pozo, but I wonder if it's too hard spot in the middle of summer because I'm not so experienced with big waves or really strong 20 m/s winds?

Here's article about surf spots in Cran Canarias including Pozo -> www.windsurf.co.uk/gran-canaria-spot-guide/

Pozo is not really known for it's big waves. It is though for it's strong winds. It's great if you want to practice jumps, but IMHO not really a wave spot.
    Real waves in summer in Europe are difficult to find, unless you're lucky. Probably Viana do Castello and Guincho in Portugal are your savest bet. If you also do surf or SUP you could try your luck in Galicia, Spain.
    The Levante in Tarifa will keep things choppy, but if it's really strong you can go to Caños de Mecca for waves.
    49 years young @ 85kg.

Sounds good. I'm also interested in freestyle and slalom in flat water. Is there any flat water spots in Gran Canaria?

And what do you think about windsurfing in Fuerteventura? My friends said that in the summer there will be winds almost as well as Pozo. Here's some windsurf spots on Fuerteventura -> http://witchcraft.nu/fuerteventura/spots .

Next, I will look for flights and accommodation on the island of Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura. Do you want to throw tips on where to lodge?

Thanks again for your tips

For Pozo contact Jonas from www.pozowinds.com. They can arrange everything for you, including a car and lodging.
    Fuerte will have less wind in summer (except Sotavento maybe), but will have better waves in the north.

Flat water is available in Bahia de Formas, 10 min from Pozo or in the south near the Dunkerbeck center. In Fuerte you have Sotavento as the flat water spot, where there will be more wind then up North.
    49 years young @ 85kg.

Hi,

Pozo has been lovely windy every day and staff from Pozowinds has arranged everything I need. Here are a few photos of what's happening so far and also PWA event held last week over here.

I would recommend Pozo warmly to everyone else too.
    Last edited by Juha_74; 23rd July 2018 at 09:04 AM.