Error 404 | Boards | The UK's No.1 Windsurfing Magazine

Sorry...

Page Not Found

Please check to make sure the URL is correct, or contact us at support@boards.co.uk to let us know your issue, and we'll do our best to help.

Thread: Sunday April 15

Sunday April 15

Tough times at gwithian. Lots of kit Carnage. Pavel, hazza and tall boy all succumbed to the gwithian guillotine.

Tall boy's 5.3 was sacrificed in an epic late hit.

Light winds to start but picked up later as did the waves. Big and powerful.

I enjoyed my last session. Saw PK get some great waves on his nano 93. (Think I sat behind you in the services but wasn't sure! ).
    http://forwards4cowards.blogspot.com/ a blog about looping

UPDATED Feb 2016

Ah Gwithian!

What a weekend.
    Two surfs on Saturday and I mistimed them both so paid dues with a low tide whomping and a high tide wash in scramble back up the goat track.
    Lovely dinner in the Cornish Arms in Hayle, so highly recommended.

But saved plenty for Sunday which looked a good forecast and got to the beach for 9.
    It was very southerly and gusty and light, only 10 to 15 knots, maybe gusting 20 out the back. Very long period swell so you could time a run out but the odd whomping was inevitable.
    Decided to try out the new nano 93 with a 5.6 up and that worked ok.

Plenty of rides in the super clean 3 to 4 foot waves. It went a bit flat over low tide or barrelled onto the sand bar.
    Waves really picked up on the push and wind picked up as it went SW and sun came out, so pretty fabulous!

Good to see Rod and others especially the warm welcoming locals.

Gwithian 5.2L/90. I thought it was a bit sh*t tbh. Gusty mostly flat in the morning, heavy waves in the afternoon but still gusty so these got very hairy if/when wobbling out resulting in a snapped batten. Today looks more promising.
    For sale:
    HSM Superfreak 4.2 £FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzabee View Post
    Gwithian 5.2L/90. I thought it was a bit sh*t tbh. Gusty mostly flat in the morning, heavy waves in the afternoon but still gusty so these got very hairy if/when wobbling out resulting in a snapped batten. Today looks more promising.
    yeah, it was far from being classic.
    5 more knots of wind would have made a big difference.
    I was just thrilled to bag a few rides, not break anything or have a big swim. There was a lot of that going down!

Chickened out of Gwithian after a stag do, and went to daymer. Missed the sandbar waiting for the handover to subside, but fun waves on the inside til about 3pm.

Quote Originally Posted by PK1111 View Post
    yeah, it was far from being classic.
    5 more knots of wind would have made a big difference.
    I was just thrilled to bag a few rides, not break anything or have a big swim. There was a lot of that going down!
    Plenty of it by me
    My evaluation of the day referred as much if not more to my 1st UK session of the year rustiness, port tack incompetence and session ending kit damage as it did to the conditions quality or any perceived lack thereof. Certainly you seemed to be making a much better fist of it.
    For sale:
    HSM Superfreak 4.2 £FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzabee View Post
    Plenty of it by me
    My evaluation of the day referred as much if not more to my 1st UK session of the year rustiness, port tack incompetence and session ending kit damage as it did to the conditions quality or any perceived lack thereof. Certainly you seemed to be making a much better fist of it.
    Just had a week in cornwall
    pumping surf (mostly dawny sessions) and son borrowed a 5'8 for the week he really loved it BUT no wind / didnt even take windy stuff. Left Sat Am as i had work flight Sunday and missed the wind by 24 hrs....aghhhhh
    http://pembswindsurfing.blogspot.com
    Thoughts, Stories and Exploits from a DTL duffer!