Error 404 | Boards | The UK's No.1 Windsurfing Magazine

Sorry...

Page Not Found

Please check to make sure the URL is correct, or contact us at support@boards.co.uk to let us know your issue, and we'll do our best to help.

Thread: Monday 23 April

Monday 23 April

First session of the year at windy but flat H'ove 5.2/90L. Surprisingly chilly, after last weekend's mild sessions in the west country and the recent heatwave. A reminder how much lower water temps are in Shinglyshire compared with west of Wight at this time of year.
    For sale:
    HSM Superfreak 4.2 £FREE

Thoroughly enjoyable 2-3 hour session at west Hove.

I launched at Carats car park and then sailed upwind a bit to find some waves. It was pretty flat but there were some valleys to swoop into as the tide rose.

It was good to see the usual gang out, after so many months off.

I started on my 5.0m sail matched with an 86 litre FSW and then stuck with that for the afternoon, although my 4.8 would have been better – and I should have been on a 4.4 at times.
    The wind was a bit holey and an adverse current meant it was worth sticking with the bigger rig.

I only packed up when my arms felt like they were about to pull out of their sockets – and I don't think my fitness is what it should be.

It was chilly, but sailing barefoot was fine and I wore a 4/3 wetsuit which was OK on the water but not warm enough for standing around on the beach.
    We had hazy sunshine but the air temperature was at least ten degrees lower than it was on Saturday.

With more wind on the way it feels like our windsurfing season has finally started.
    Now back in the UK.

First sail for nearly 2 years for me..... its fantastic to be sailing again, Esso Beach Hayling with only a hand full of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-B View Post
    First sail for nearly 2 years for me..... its fantastic to be sailing again, Esso Beach Hayling with only a hand full of others.
    welcome back!
    Its still a fabulous sport.