Mistral Equipe slot flusher

Hi i have recently got hold of an Equipe 2. The slot flusher is like peanut brittle and disintegrating. Does anyone know how to get it off so I can try and put a new one on? Is there any way to soften it?

I had a go on it at the weekend it a temporary slot flusher. What a board! Wish I had got a raceboard years ago. Light winds are fun again.

Also has anyone used one of these to replace their pedal?

https://www.shapeways.com/product/85...edal-raceboard

In answer to your original question the slot flusher (if it's the blue type) is a snap folded outer that conceals screws. So you have to try and prize the bit carrying the blue flusher open using a screw driver or knife and it'll peel open revealing screws underneath which you then undo and replace, subject of course to finding a replacement. The good news is that it continued for many years as the system for the Mistral One Design so you might be lucky.

If on the other hand it's a later model XR with the split rubber system you'll have to chisel it off and I guess try and make the RSX system fit (I think, not ever having tried it).

Nice link to the 3d printed site, and no I've never tried one, there are enough round here to *******ise as they get sawn up and sent to the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Graemef View Post
    In answer to your original question the slot flusher (if it's the blue type) is a snap folded outer that conceals screws. So you have to try and prize the bit carrying the blue flusher open using a screw driver or knife and it'll peel open revealing screws underneath which you then undo and replace, subject of course to finding a replacement. The good news is that it continued for many years as the system for the Mistral One Design so you might be lucky.

If on the other hand it's a later model XR with the split rubber system you'll have to chisel it off and I guess try and make the RSX system fit (I think, not ever having tried it).

Nice link to the 3d printed site, and no I've never tried one, there are enough round here to *******ise as they get sawn up and sent to the tip.
    Thanks Graeme, its one of the later models with the aftermarket red rubber. The glue thats coming off seems to be brown and quite elastic, any idea what that i? it seems to have worked well.

Will acetone do any damage to the boards skin? Think i need a solvent to help get the sticky stuff off.

If you see a black pedal long mast track going to the tip, please give me a shout and ill throw over some money for it.

The original glue (or one of them back then) was loctite 416 it was an industrial superglue (which is also susceptible to being dissolved in water allegedly losing 40% of it's strength) Sticking slot flushers has been the bane of my life over the years although some of the dinghy suppliers (RS sailing) have a very effective two part glue they supply with their kits that works really well.

I think the stuff they fit to RSX's can be made to work on an Equipe although I haven't done it myself. Maybe they have a glue recommendation? Acetone shouldn't harm the skin although it might weak havoc on internal foam. (I don't know this for a fact either) test it on a small area first would be my best suggestion.