Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    40 48'N 14 26'E -Western Med - West South Atlantic
    There is a seal, the back of the trap door is a block of black rubber that when closed presses against the whole surface of the card and usb housing the slots.

I know and it looks inadequate to resist any real water pressure or temperature change to me for 2 reasons. First the SD card is spring loaded and second the trap door merely snaps shut rather than being secured with a lever. There is also no way to service the seals on the buttons. If you look at most waterproof camera cases as an example, the button seals can be treated with liquid silicone lubricant to ensure they do not stick, the closure seal can be removed and re-seated or replaced when it becomes compressed...and is closed using the pressure of a lever mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Navegante View Post
    I think the GT31 is good. If the aquapack is tight this increases the stress in the buttons.
    Mine is a BGT31 which initially i loved but after the windows 10 upgrade and also the firmware update in it, it does not communicate with the PC any more.
    Sure you can load the sd card in the pc and still get the data.
    I use mine not in the aquapack but put it inside my wetsuit in between my left shoulder and below the clavicle. Never had any water problems.

If I get a new GPS i want one that communicates with a PC through bluetooth via NMEA, this allows to use the GPS positioning on Google Earth and on digital maps.
    So, CORRECTION.

I reshuffle the configuration and the GT31 is communicating with the PC using the NAVILINKII app.

Further I got it to communicate and track the position in real time on Google Earth. This means the nmea protocol sentences can be read by electronic charts should you have them loaded in the PC.

So, Happy!

So, CORRECTION.

I reshuffle the configuration and the GT31 is communicating with the PC using the NAVILINKII app.

Further I got it to communicate and track the position in real time on Google Earth. This means the nmea protocol sentences can be read by electronic charts should you have them loaded in the PC.

So, Happy!
    Providing it hasn't got water in it or toggle switch is broken...��

I agree with Miker, the sealing of GT31 is virtually none existent..seals by nature have to either be mechanically pressurised ( as in head gasket) or pressured by water/ atmospheric pressure ( ie O ring) The seal on GT 31 is almost under zero pressure ( door closes and pushes rubber block onto mini usb etc...I don't think it would even pass IPX7...There are some odd claims with hand held GPS. My Garmin 12 claims IPX7...except for battery compartment ????
    Its actually quite pathetic really,my 25 year old 25 Casio watch is waterproof to 50m...It doesn't need an aqua pack and the rating includes the battery compartment.
    Yes, its handy to be able to transfer data to pc etc but all I really want now is to know how fast I went on last run or best of session. And GT 31 screen is hard enough to read without sticking in a glorified freezer bag..( which cost 14 each..another rip off)

Oh come on Alphie
    A guy that has supported a daughter through the expense (investment) of becoming a waterskiing champion.
    A guy that uses Avanti sails, etc.
    Complaining about a 160 € gps that is discontinued?
    And worse, moaning about a 14 “freezer” bag?

Throw all that sh*t away, forget about it and start some other thread to entertain us all with.

Quote Originally Posted by Phooey View Post
    ...if anyone is looking to buy a GT31 + Aquapack just let me know...
    Is your GT31 a blue BTG31 or a grey Gt31?

Oh come on Alphie
    A guy that has supported a daughter through the expense (investment) of becoming a waterskiing champion.
    A guy that uses Avanti sails, etc.
    Complaining about a 160 € gps that is discontinued?
    And worse, moaning about a 14 “freezer” bag?

Throw all that sh*t away, forget about it and start some other thread to entertain us all with.
    Yep fair point...�� ( I don't use Avanti sails tho...sold em.apart from 2)

Our little argument will have entertained loads !

The GT 31 is still poor tho...even the pretty blue ones...��
    Last edited by Alphie; 3rd May 2018 at 07:14 AM.