Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tooold2dance View Post
    All generalizations.
    How are ramblers who walk slow,hikers who walk long and drone operators who move their fingers qualify as sport participants ?
    Try walking 10-20 miles and ascending 3000-5000feet and you might find the answer on hikers. I assume ramblers, ramble to the exen of their physcalabilities, and good on them. Drone-flyers hang aroun sporting venues, not a strong contender for participant though.
    Maybe I shoudl not have said "sports" more like "outdoor" activities
    Boards: F2 Gorilla 76, Tabou Quadster 86, Fanatic Triwave 95, Starboard Kombatwave 96, F2 Stoke 115, JPFreeRace 125, Sails: Gaastra Poison 4.2, North Hero 4.2, North Ice 4.7, Simmer Icon 5.3, Gaastra Cross 6, Ezzy Elite 6.1, Tushingham Storm 6.5, Severne Turbo 7.5

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-43893160

Might want to lay off the drone flyers - their skill might save our neck sometime soon.

Some truth there no doubt, but very dependent on the circumstances -are you one of the tribe? Look like a roadie tribe and give a 'tow' for 5 miles, then you can expect a better greeting than going the other way on an electric bike with shopping basket.

Agree, all suppers are arses
    188x92kg 43y old, Supper/Windsurfer.

Witchcraft Flextail 104l + Witchcraft V4 86l HDD

2016/17 Hotsails KS3: 5.5+5.2+4.9+4.6+4.0+3.4 Ultra + Kauli + CAAS masts, AL360+ TL cont@ct booms lots of fins.

SUP Starboard 2015 Airborne 8.8x31.5x123l / Pro8.5x29x112l / Race14x25 / 2012 AST Coastrunner 14x28 / Gong9.4x29x135 Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Jeroensurf View Post
    Agree, all suppers are arses
    The dolphins know it.

https://youtu.be/LoL8_bQ77gY

https://youtu.be/10EbBuiNj0M

I guess its no surprise that the sport or activity someone choses to engage in, is likely to reflect their personality. There may also be a link between the demeanour of a participant and the degree of satisfaction the activity provides. The willingness of a person to acknowledge let alone engage with someone else they meet also seems to vary depending on where in the country they live!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maker View Post
    No, no, no. It' not when conflict arises, just a genral obervation of types of people seem to gravitate to certain sports, or adopt persona when they get there.
    Say "Hi" to a mountain biker doesn't matter if I am hiking or biking myself I get a friendly wave or stop for a chat. Say "Hi" to a road biker and the only ackowledgement get is a scowl even when i am riding myslef.
    Well, thinking that a group identified by a recreational sport is more or less friendly than another is assigning them, fairly innocuously, to a tribe ... but besides that: people are involved in dozen of other activities other than playing a particular sport. Why would a sport define their character?
    Last edited by duzzi; 1st May 2018 at 03:41 AM.