Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    40 48'N 14 26'E -Western Med - West South Atlantic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Grooverider View Post
    I spent 3k on a full set up stuff:

max wasn’t so nasty and gave me a

plan to use it all until destruction and don’t bother

i can use the same showers and a cheap bar behind the main strip where the vending machines. The showers are worth €15 a month anyway once you’ve got two kids under 10.

My rule was simple. I didn’t need, nor really want , budget went a lot further if you know where to shop Plus our box is far nicer hangout than the marina in the port. I hope all of it would last 5+ years
    and a lot less than chasing in the midlands or 300 mile round trips to the south coast.
    FTFY

Yes Jimmy thank you for showing me your favorite leisure spots in town but i'll pass. I understand why you don't have a car, you ride other people ('s).

Quote Originally Posted by Navegante View Post
    FTFY

Yes Jimmy thank you for showing me your favorite leisure spots in town but i'll pass. I understand why you don't have a car, you ride other people ('s).

hey, it’s a beach. We’re liberal n’ all. It’s good to know that once the novelty of paddle boards, 300 days of sunshine, nice beer, great food, beach yoga (observation rather than participation), skating, biking and yes, even the odd windsurf session wears off, there’s always a discreet way to experiment with anal beads from your vending machines.

Although at €6 a session, (I assume no one is grim enough to re-use them, and I can’t even comprehend the ‘after market’ value), they’re quite pricey if you ask me.
    hostis humani generis

40 48'N 14 26'E -Western Med - West South Atlantic

Still valid
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WS saves you money.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	16160
    muir.massey.ac.nz/bitstream/10179/1639/1/02_whole.pdf
    Writing nonsense on tinternet since 1842.

I like windsurfing a lot. From any perspective outside my own (and a few carefully selected addicted "friends" I spend way too much money, time and effort on it. If I could, I would spend more, mainly time and effort.

My record so far when it comes to cost per usage is when I got myself some gear in Sydney during a few months' studies there. In my second session I sustained my worst injury ever and basically torn apart a fair bit of my lower back muscle. No more windsurfing. Cost per session around 200 EUR, for the gear alone. Considering that being able to windsurf was a big part of signing up for the course, flying to AUS and paying for my stay, one could argue that the cost per session was at least 2000 EUR. Time to arrange this setup with gear, finding storage at Manly beach and getting to sail a bit was about 100 hours. Time spent on water, 2 hours.

Have I ever regretted this? No.

Still love windsurfing. Most people I know envy my choice of sport and never ask me about cost. It is also cheaper than skiing in the Alps...which I also like a lot.

Yes, gear certainly is expensive these days but I know a lot of guys that have three or four bikes (road, cross, mtb) that easily beats most windsurfing gear when it comes to spending money.

I could do 90% of my windsurfing with two boards and four sails (85 litre wave, 100 litre fsw, 6.5, 5.3, 4.7, 4.0). I just happen to like sports gear a bit too much.
    Rig - Simmer vMax 7.2, Enduro 5.9, Black Tips 5.3 - 3.7, Tricera 5.0, HSM FL 5.7
    Boards - Simmer Hoogal 84 (custom), Simmer Freegal 100, Flikka 95 (proto), and 83 (tweaked Core line), Fanatic Blast 115

Moderates www.surfzone.se, wind and wave community in Sweden

No clue how much a session costs, but i know a proper session saves me:
    my sanity when things in life don,t work out the way it should work. have sail and everything is fine when you come of the water.
    my relationship if the wife goes without a reason. have a session and most of the time the storm is over when I come in.
    money to the gym. I hate the gym!
    Money for the hospital. I started with MTB and really like going fast downhill....compared to that surfing is rather harmless to your body and you need something to keep that endorphins coming!

Thinking this way, its a really cheap hobby!
    188x92kg 43y old, Supper/Windsurfer.

Witchcraft Flextail 104l + Witchcraft V4 86l HDD

2016/17 Hotsails KS3: 5.5+5.2+4.9+4.6+4.0+3.4 Ultra + Kauli + CAAS masts, AL360+ TL cont@ct booms lots of fins.

SUP Starboard 2015 Airborne 8.8x31.5x123l / Pro8.5x29x112l / Race14x25 / 2012 AST Coastrunner 14x28 / Gong9.4x29x135 Freak

I looked into to getting some freeride kit suitable for the lake for U.K. after
    work sailing ... once a week.

kit: 3000
    fees: 400 per annum

number of sessions, I’m likely to do: 12 per annum

kit life before peppercorn value: 3 years

Cost per session for three years: 116

to bog around on a lake... n’ah thanks
    Last edited by Jimmy Grooverider; 4th May 2018 at 07:08 AM.
    hostis humani generis