Thread: Leucate in June

Leucate in June

I've found myself with some time booked off in June & nothing to do, so I'm thinking of popping my Leucate cherry. I know it's statistically the worst month for wind but I'm not too fussed about that. What's the weed situation like then? I'll be sticking to the etangs but haven't got any weed fins. I presume a shortie will be ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Radialhead View Post
    I've found myself with some time booked off in June & nothing to do, so I'm thinking of popping my Leucate cherry. I know it's statistically the worst month for wind but I'm not too fussed about that. What's the weed situation like then? I'll be sticking to the etangs but haven't got any weed fins. I presume a shortie will be ok?
    Frequency and strength of tramontane's has normally dropped by June,but they still happen . You can get southerly winds ( Marin) ...If so head for Canet Plage..
    Locals always say in Northerly ( actually NW) drive north and in Southerly drive south for wind
    Without doubt in prevailing direction Ghoulet is windiest. ( wind funnelled between Fitou and Old Leucate). I,ve sailed there on 5 metre when almost none anywhere else.
    On other hand if wind is southerly having a look at Racou is worthwhile...Again sailed there and folk at Canet / St Cyprien have sat waiting all day.
    Weed this June should not be a problem.( spring wasn't hot) You can normally find weed free sailing at Barcares anyway. (Follow signs for ski Nautique ) shops in Leucate will have cheap second hand weed fins...but I have never used mine... \ August is worst month for weed...by then its usually big kit on sea in easterly thermals..
    Withouut wind its a stunning place..Have a look in Corbieres and Alberes. Superb views, nice people, great food.
    Have a drive to Collioure . Stunning. My favourite place in area.
    Good luck.

Thanks Alphie, appreciated.

Hi Radialhead,

I have a decent selection you are welcome to borrow a couple if you want to pop over to St Andrews Ridge?
    The Windsurfer Formally Known as JKRR - TWFKJKRR or "Him in the Red Shorts"

Cheers fella, that's jolly kind. I'll take you up on that if it all pans out.