Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fleabay tat

Fleabay tat

After seeing some of the tat on offer at a Well Known Auction Site in your neighbourhood I'm wondering if anyone has a secret urge to sail one. Indeed, has anybody recently or does anybody still as a matter of course (racing longboards excluded) sailed one?
    Between you & me: What's it like?
    Here to share the love.

I've got an early '80s HiFly which I last used around six years ago, complete with early '80s mast, sail, tie-on boom & fluorescent harness. It wasn't particularly pleasant. It's next trip out will be to the tip.

I kept a Tiga 275 ACR long after I should have. It dropped off the plane like a brick in the lulls

Quote Originally Posted by richarli View Post
    I kept a Tiga 275 ACR long after I should have. It dropped off the plane like a brick in the lulls
    I had the 285 ACR - it never got on the plane

nice house with horses, cats dogs, and bride. USA
    I have Americans Canadians Polish and Mexicans here at the breakfast table. NONE are versed in a TAT. SO what is it ?

K4 Fins 4Boards TRI-sails Sailrepair

Quote Originally Posted by tooold2dance View Post
    I have Americans Canadians Polish and Mexicans here at the breakfast table. NONE are versed in a TAT. SO what is it ?
    Hah hah, I'd have thought the Canadians would have known it somehow but maybe it is more a purely British expression

It essentially means junk, often as in this context junk that somebody's trying to make a bit of money from. Usually either very old second hand stuff or very cheap & shoddy new, like typical tourist "memorabilia".

Example usage - "I can't believe she paid that much for a bunch of old tat..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Aged 42 View Post
    I had the 285 ACR - it never got on the plane
    I had a 268! Incredible board in nuclear winds. Like a submarine in anything less that 35kts

i still have a saxo in my parents garage! A great board of its time and incredible value for money. You could often buy new bic boards cheaper than 2 or 3 year old f2 or mistral boards.

I do often see stuff on eBay and think I'd love a go on that but then I always think - but I have better gear so what's the point. I can see it happening though, if something mint comes up i will go for it.