nice house with horses, cats dogs, and bride. USA

Waist Harness , new versions with hard shell back ??

Any feed back on these newer ones, Ride Engine, Mystic ,Ion or T8 DaKine?

They have in some variation a carbon or space age middle rear section hard shell.

Do they offer any addition back support or advantage ?

$325 , T8 being less, pricy side. Not everyone’s cuppa , looking at a replacement . All the above are available for touchy feeleee
    right down the road.

K4 Fins 4Boards TRI-sails Sailrepair

40 48'N 14 26'E -Western Med - West South Atlantic
    I haven’t seen any.
    Tooold have you got any links to post?
    I think harnesses need good back support but maybe not to be too rigid.

Absolute marketing con when they first appeared, claiming only 3 sizes were needed. Ride Engine originally was a custom fit made to absolutely measure small company in California making harnesses for kite surfers using I presume a thermoformed hard shell to fit the individual measurements. Then along came Slingshot the kite company and bought the name then marketed a range of three sizes of hard shell bull shitting that was all you need, which of course it wasn't.

So, like all harnesses, get one that fits and it'll be fine, but don't get taken in by the one size fits all bollox, then of course there's the totally exorbitant price they demand because it's 'new technology'. Total bollox, but that seems to be the way things are these days.

There are now cheaper versions around, most brands have them and the prices are becoming more competitive so, shop around.

nice house with horses, cats dogs, and bride. USA
    ION version. Comes in Freestyle or freeride

https://www.ion-products.com/water/m...tyle-windsurf/

K4 Fins 4Boards TRI-sails Sailrepair

I have long ago given up on DaKine harnesses (all "T" versions) due to the crappy D-ring buckles that break on me within 20 sessions. Maybe they have revised them now. Anyway I have 2 Ride Engine harnesses now; one for kiting and one for windsurfing. From a fit point of view they are pretty amazing. No hard points/chafing/weird flex, but their models previously had a fussy webbing-lock securing system that seemed a big step backwards considering the price-point. They have updated that system to something much slicker for 2018. Best thing about the Ride Engine harness is that once it's cinched tight, it stays locked in place in your low back, but you don't feel it and never seem aware of it on your body. I believe that's ideally what you want for this type of gear: for it to completely disappear in your awareness. Every harness I've owned before the Ride Engines had some bit of flex near the lower ribs that would translate to discomfort in long sessions and/or pressure points. So, I like 'em! BTW, I bought one used for cheap and the other at full retail and have no affiliation with R.E.
    Last edited by CAN555; 5th May 2018 at 10:19 PM. Reason: More to add...

By chance I came across Ride Engine at 2xs demo day last year and had an hour hooked in on a freeride board. Really nice and agree with everything Can555 says. Would have bought it but I had just got the MFC a few days before.