Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    40 48'N 14 26'E -Western Med - West South Atlantic

Moving to Windsurf Magazine Forum

For those of you that have not got the news
    We are gandering as an alternative at the

https://www.windsurf.co.uk/forums/fo...indsurf-forum/

Swing by and give it a try...

Perhaps we have not seen the end of the bords forum after all, since I can post this. But otherwise, I think maybe a facebook group might be a modern alternative to another forum

Quote Originally Posted by Navegante View Post
    For those of you that have not got the news
    We are gandering as an alternative at the

https://www.windsurf.co.uk/forums/fo...indsurf-forum/

Swing by and give it a try...
    Ola H.

Simmer Style Boards and Sails

Quote Originally Posted by Ola H. View Post
    I think maybe a facebook group might be a modern alternative to another forum
    I don't agree a Facebook group is a suitable replacement. FB groups don't seem to facilitate discussion particularly well, they're rubbish from an archive perspective (c.f. over a decade of useful info searchable on this forum) and they leave the world a public record of one's every comment, in one's real name (cue the end of much of the humour and piss-taking). FB groups have their place and we already have several, but they're no substitute for the forum format.
    Eeeh 'tis grim dahn Sarf.

40 48'N 14 26'E -Western Med - West South Atlantic
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoFish View Post
    I don't agree a Facebook group is a suitable replacement. FB groups don't seem to facilitate discussion particularly well, they're rubbish from an archive perspective (c.f. over a decade of useful info searchable on this forum) and they leave the world a public record of one's every comment, in one's real name (cue the end of much of the humour and piss-taking). FB groups have their place and we already have several, but they're no substitute for the forum format.
    Ola, I agree facebook group discussions are very ephemeral. A discussion is lost under the bulk of new posts with little chance of finding it in a search after a while. Facebook in the end is inconsequential for the purpose.

I agree searchability is bad, but in my non windsurf related work I discuss daily in some very well functioning facebook groups.
    Ola H.

Simmer Style Boards and Sails

I like the idea of posting on a forum run by a real life long standing windsurf mag. I really hope you will join us over there Ola. (I also prefer forums to the generally poor threading and over focus on the present on fb)
    http://forwards4cowards.blogspot.com/ a blog about looping

UPDATED Feb 2016

We need a new home..... the main thing is that we agree on one. Myself i'd prefer a forum (mostly for searching and the ability to filter what to choose to read) however in the times of dwindling numbers we should probably go with the consensus, if the number of participants drops too much it will just die.