Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 7 of 13
  1. #1
    Senior Member Navegante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    40 48'N 14 26'E -Western Med - West South Atlantic
    Posts
    2,953

    Moving to Windsurf Magazine Forum

    For those of you that have not got the news
    We are gandering as an alternative at the

    https://www.windsurf.co.uk/forums/fo...indsurf-forum/

    Swing by and give it a try...

  2. #2
    Perhaps we have not seen the end of the bords forum after all, since I can post this. But otherwise, I think maybe a facebook group might be a modern alternative to another forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Navegante View Post
    For those of you that have not got the news
    We are gandering as an alternative at the

    https://www.windsurf.co.uk/forums/fo...indsurf-forum/

    Swing by and give it a try...
    Ola H.

    Simmer Style Boards and Sails

  3. #3
    Senior Member TwoFish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    towards the right
    Posts
    3,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Ola H. View Post
    I think maybe a facebook group might be a modern alternative to another forum
    I don't agree a Facebook group is a suitable replacement. FB groups don't seem to facilitate discussion particularly well, they're rubbish from an archive perspective (c.f. over a decade of useful info searchable on this forum) and they leave the world a public record of one's every comment, in one's real name (cue the end of much of the humour and piss-taking). FB groups have their place and we already have several, but they're no substitute for the forum format.
    Eeeh 'tis grim dahn Sarf.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Navegante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    40 48'N 14 26'E -Western Med - West South Atlantic
    Posts
    2,953
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoFish View Post
    I don't agree a Facebook group is a suitable replacement. FB groups don't seem to facilitate discussion particularly well, they're rubbish from an archive perspective (c.f. over a decade of useful info searchable on this forum) and they leave the world a public record of one's every comment, in one's real name (cue the end of much of the humour and piss-taking). FB groups have their place and we already have several, but they're no substitute for the forum format.
    Ola, I agree facebook group discussions are very ephemeral. A discussion is lost under the bulk of new posts with little chance of finding it in a search after a while. Facebook in the end is inconsequential for the purpose.

  5. #5
    I agree searchability is bad, but in my non windsurf related work I discuss daily in some very well functioning facebook groups.
    Ola H.

    Simmer Style Boards and Sails

  6. #6
    I like the idea of posting on a forum run by a real life long standing windsurf mag. I really hope you will join us over there Ola. (I also prefer forums to the generally poor threading and over focus on the present on fb)
    http://forwards4cowards.blogspot.com/ a blog about looping

    UPDATED Feb 2016

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    143
    We need a new home..... the main thing is that we agree on one. Myself i'd prefer a forum (mostly for searching and the ability to filter what to choose to read) however in the times of dwindling numbers we should probably go with the consensus, if the number of participants drops too much it will just die.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •